Pretio is an adtech leader that connects millions of people with some of the worldâs greatest brands every day.
Our mission is to make the right connection 99% of the time. We know that the digital marketing space is a crowded one, but our amazing people are what makes us stand apart from the noise. Our team is a made up of out-of-the-box thinkers who think critically and challenge standard practices, all in the name of making the right connection and serving our clients in the best way possible.
We are looking for A-Players to join us!
We are looking for a professional and detail oriented entry level Bookkeeper based in Victoria, BC to join our team.
As our full-time bookkeeper/accounting clerk , you will work closely with our Accounting Department and CEO on a variety of different projects. Because we are a part of a multi-portfolio company, you will have the opportunity to garner experience with a variety of different businesses; accounting on the edge! Your responsibilities are detailed below, but most importantly you will bring a great combination of experience and confidence to improve our existing financial controls and tracking methods; in short you'll help provide us with more detailed financial support.
You are a stickler for details. You love deadlines. You can be relied upon to meet those deadlines in an often fast paced and high stakes environment. Your organizational skills are beyond comparison and you get giddy at the thought of tracking dozens of bills or transactions on a daily basis. Your attention to detail and consistency are paramount to your success. You are âoneâ with accountability, ownership and reliability; some even call you the Yoda of accounting. You are capable of working independently but are also able to dive into a team and contribute as needed.
You want to grow your career. We want to help make that happen. We know that future career opportunities are an important option to offer and for the right person, the skyâs the limit. We have room to grow and if this is where youâd like to hang your hat (or calculator), show us what youâd like to take on and weâll make sure youâre never bored (but c'mon, bored doing math? never!)
Bottom line: If you are great at what you do, we want to find a home for you at Pretio.
Remuneration: $22 - $30/hour based on level of experience
â¢ Manage Accounts payable ledger;
â¢ Maintain sound records and monitor expenses;
â¢ Reconcile credit cards and bank accounts;
â¢ Assist with payroll preparation;
â¢ Follow up on missing receipts or documentation;
â¢ Maintain orderly accounting files;
â¢ Post transactions to Xero from all credit cards and bank accounts;
â¢ Provide additional clerical and administrative support as needed.
Need to Haves
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a Bookkeeper in an office environment
- Full cycle accounting experience
- Experience tracking accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll, expense
reimbursements and budgeting
- Strong service quality experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
(written and verbal)
- Flexible and self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking, and administrative
- A strong respect for and adherence to rules around confidentiality
- Legal working status in Canada; we cannot sponsor work permits
- Must live in Victoria, BC; we cannot cover any relocation fees.
Cool to Have:
- Experience in professional services industry like - IT, consulting, law, real estate, etc.;
- Experience setting up accounting systems and processes, not just following them;
- Working knowledge of G-Suite programs;
- An understanding of challenges that affect growth stage companies (bonus if within
the tech space!)
- Experience with Sage50, Xero and Microsoft Office