Pretio is an adtech leader that connects millions of people with some of the worldâs greatest brands every day.
Our mission is to make the right connection 99% of the time. We know that the digital marketing space is a crowded one, but our amazing people are what makes us stand apart from the noise. Our team is a made up of out-of-the-box thinkers who think critically and challenge standard practices, all in the name of making the right connection and serving our clients in the best way possible.
We have a small dev team, which focuses on providing internal tools, working on testing projects and extending/supporting our APIs. We're looking for a junior/intermediate software developer with 2+ years of experience, excellent communication skills and initiative. You will work on a variety of projects. Generally work is done in Python, using Flask and Jinja, although on rare occasions we have to do a touch of PHP work. Our applications are deployed via a CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins) to AWS. We spend a lot of time working with partner APIs, mostly in JSON and occasionally XML.
We are looking for a junior/intermediate developer to join our team on-site in our Victoria, BC office. Please note that the applicants must reside in Victoria, BC or live close enough to commute to work.
In this position you will:
- Contribute to the technical design, implementation, and testing of internal tools and features
- Maintain open communication with ticket owners while implementing tools and acceptance test all work
- Continue to improve your technical skills and share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Provide and receive thoughtful code review
- Write unit tests and document code to team standards
- Work with remote team members
- 2+ years experience in Python
- Sufficient HTML and JS knowledge to provide internal tools
- Familiarity with AWS or GCP (AWS preferred)
- 2+ years experience with SQL
- Great communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Understand computer science fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience in an Agile environment