Pretio is an adtech leader that connects millions of people with some of the world’s greatest brands every day.
Our mission is to make the right connection 99% of the time. We know that the digital marketing space is a crowded one, but our amazing people are what makes us stand apart from the noise. Our team is a made up of out-of-the-box thinkers who think critically and challenge standard practices, all in the name of making the right connection and serving our clients in the best way possible.
We have a small dev team, which focuses on providing internal tools, working on testing projects and extending/supporting our APIs. We're looking for a junior/intermediate software developer with 2+ years of experience, excellent communication skills and initiative. You will work on a variety of projects. Generally work is done in Python, using Flask and Jinja, although on rare occasions we have to do a touch of PHP work. Our applications are deployed via a CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins) to AWS. We spend a lot of time working with partner APIs, mostly in JSON and occasionally XML.
We are looking for a junior/intermediate developer to join our team on-site in our Victoria, BC office. Please note that the applicants must reside in Victoria, BC or live close enough to commute to work.
In this position you will:
- Contribute to the technical design, implementation, and testing of internal tools and features
- Maintain open communication with ticket owners while implementing tools and acceptance test all work
- Continue to improve your technical skills and share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Provide and receive thoughtful code review
- Write unit tests and document code to team standards
- Work with remote team members
- 2+ years experience in Python
- Sufficient HTML and JS knowledge to provide internal tools
- Familiarity with AWS or GCP (AWS preferred)
- 2+ years experience with SQL
- Great communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Understand computer science fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience in an Agile environment
Competitive salary and commission structure, stock options, extended private health benefits, flex time (while working with people who get things done, not just punch the clock), paid vacation.
Awesome downtown location. Free snacks, drinks. Team events and socials. 1970 VW Van and 1968 double-decker bus as breakout rooms.
We are small and growing fast. You will move the needle.
Part of a portfolio of six west coast tech companies. Lots of collaboration and shared events.